Friday 29 March 2013

Why I am thankful...

It is Easter and it is Good Friday.  This is great for many reasons and should make us all thankful but for me, if I am honest, it is all about having four, precious days where my family of four will be a family of four and not a family of four wondering when the fourth member will get back from work... 

Our lives are so busy that we often don't get chance to step back and see our own life for what it is.  I have found the last year or so difficult because my Dad was ill and sadly we lost him in December.  Understandably life hasn't felt quite as bright as it could most days.  I spend days going through the motions to a degree and not enjoying everything I should.  Don't get me wrong I haven't been sad and down all the time but it has often felt like there is a shadow hanging over me that I can't quite step away from...

Today is different and it's like I have had some sort of epiphany.  I feel like I have stepped out into a brighter, more positive, place.  The reason for that I cannot say but I woke up this morning feeling very positive and surrounded by love and laughter.  I let the girls climb into our bed to wake their Daddy and the four of us cuddled up and watched videos and looked at photos of our family on Jason's iphone. 

It was fun and it started my day off so positively that I realised I don't have to feel sad every day.  I am alive and healthy.  I have two beautiful daughters and a wonderful husband who works so hard.  I have a wonderful Mum who I speak to everyday (sometimes more than once! :) ).  I have lovely siblings with lovely partners and lovely children.  I have wonderful friends and family and people I can turn to if I need them.  I have a lovely home and I get to write about Larry the Liger and Anastasia!  Oh and Jason is cooking me a lovely fish dinner with dauphinoise potatoes and asparagus!

I realised that if I was an outsider looking in I would see so many reasons to be happy.  There are so many that don't have a safe and secure life to boast of.  There are so many that suffer every day.  There are so many that have little in their lives to be thankful for.  There are so many that face an uncertain future.  There are many that wake up each day alone...

I am not expecting to feel this positive every day; life just isn't like that regardless of how it should be.  But I am so very, very thankful that today I have felt like that and I realise how very, very lucky I am.

I wanted to share my positivity with you and hopefully, by so doing, I can send you a little bit to brighten up your day too should you need it.

I wish you all a Happy Easter with happiness, health and peace in abundance.  Enjoy the journey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment