Friday 12 April 2013

The next installment...

It's been a very busy few weeks as it's been school holidays for the last two weeks in this part of Kent so I have been busy entertaining my 5 and 2 year olds.  I have managed to get some writing done and there are now more Larry the Liger stories ready to go. 

Writing does take up a lot of my time but I can usually get some done each day when my youngest has her nap and also evenings and weekends.  This last two weeks have disrupted my routine but I've found a way because I don't want to stop writing and lose my flow with Larry.  I have neglected the marketing side as I simply haven't had the time to do it but I will get back to it as soon as I am able.

Easter was lovely with my family of four together for four days.  It was fun with Easter egg hunts and a visit to an animal rescue farm to see some bunnies.  It tied in well with The Easter Liger story and Rory the rabbit who fled the Easter Market Farmyard.  The rabbits were so cute and we learned that in a year one rabbit can assist in the production of over a million more rabbits!  A scary thought of one rabbit producing more who each produce more who each produce more, etc. etc.  I was almost tempted to consider some pet rabbits but at the moment that's a time commitment I can't afford!  Imagine all those millions of bunnies in the world!

The free promotion of the Easter Liger went well and have resulted in two great reviews so far.  The other stories have got great reviews too, mostly on Amazon.com. 

If you have read any of the Larry the Liger stories then please write a review when you get the chance.  I appreciate all feedback and each review helps Larry the Liger reach more readers.

I have a new book coming out soon so look out for it.  It's called Larry the Liger - The Lost Friend.  Larry gets cross and makes a wish in anger that results in his next adventure in search of a missing friend.  It has a positive message for children and adults too!  I hope you love it and I look forward to reading more great reviews like the ones below! 

I am performing tonight in Smalls Talk with the New Wickham Court Players.  The play runs 12th and 13th April and I play Emma.  It's a very funny play and I love the chance to act a bit!  Writing and reading are great forms of escapism as is amateur dramatics - I get to be someone different every time I do them!  For those coming to see the play - have fun and for those who are too far away grab yourselves a Larry the Liger book and smile your way through the weekend.

Enjoy your weekends everyone!  :)

"5.0 out of 5 stars Charming 8 April 2013
By E.L.S.
Format:Kindle Edition
Charming, charming, charming, charming! Even now, I'm smiling just thinking about this sweet story. It's absolutely adorable!

Told in a very English voice, the adventure begins with Larry meeting an unusual animal with long ears and a white fluffy tail that he had spied hiding in a hedge. He learns that his new friend, Rory, is called a rabbit and is an escapee from the Easter Market Farmyard, where loud children covered in sticky chocolate pick him up and pet him, dirtying with his beautiful, soft fur. Larry is justly horrified. When Rory is captured and returned to the dreadful Easter Market Farmyard, Larry plots a rescue.

This is a perfect book to read with a young child, as I'm sure the other Larry the Liger books are, too. In fact, as I was reading this story-- wearing that big smile-- I'd stop periodically to share funny excerpts with my family. Though it is a charming tale (did I mention it's charming?), like any quality children's literature, there is a lesson. In this particular story, the lesson is tolerance and appreciating the differences between us all.

Goes without saying, I highly recommend Larry the Liger. This series will be a great addition to your child's bookshelf."
 
 
"5.0 out of 5 stars Larry the Liger - The Easter Liger 7 April 2013
By Mrs M
Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase
Another fab Larry the Liger story.
 
I purchased this story to read to my grandchildren but have read it alone and thoroughly enjoyed it even at my age! I can't wait for the next one."

No comments:

Post a Comment